BITSAT (short for BITS Admission Test) is an online (computer-based) entrance examination for admission to integrated first-degree programs of BITS Pilani (Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad campuses). BITSAT is being conducted since 2005 and is one of the most competitive engineering entrance exams in India. BITS are the top engineering colleges in India.
Table of Contents
Download Arihant Self Study Guide BITSAT Prep Guide PDF
The most important thing required for BITSAT is an organized study material and a large pool of questions to practice. Arihant Bitsat Prep Guide is One of the best-selling Reference books for BITSAT which helps you to find out the type of questions asked in BITSAT and to revise the concepts quickly.
Highlights of Arihant BITSAT Self Guide
- The Arihant Self Study Guide is a great resource for cracking the Bitsat.
- The key concepts given at the beginning of each chapter in Arihant are of great relevance to the type of questions asked in Bitsat.
- The book has questions that are exactly at par with the level of the examination. The book is well revised and contains most questions that are repeatedly asked in the exam.
- The tests at the back are pretty much of the same level as a standard Bitsat Paper. The question bank following every chapter is relevant too.
Drawbacks of Arihant BITSAT Self Guide
- There are no major drawbacks to this book. Keeping in mind, that the book is targeted to solve a variety of questions, the concepts are not given in-depth. So, along with the Arihant book, you also need to study from the NCERT textbooks as they build a very stable base for what you will study from the Self-study guide.
Some Tips To Crack BITSAT
- Revise the important chapters
- Practice your weak chapters.
- Take mock tests and analyze.
- Solve BITSAT previous year’s question papers.
- Practice important formulas, reactions, and equations.
BITSAT Study Materials and PYQs DOWNLOAD
|Book Name||Click to Download|
|Arihant’s BITSAT Self Study Prep Guide 2022||Download|
|BITSAT 17 Practice Papers GKP||Download|
|BITSAT Topic-Wise Previous Years Solved Papers Disha||Download|
FAQs related to Arihant BITSAT Prep Guide:
Is Arihant BITSAT book enough for BITSAT Preparation?
Arihant BITSAT book is a decent book and you can do it for BITSAT. However, doing mock tests is more important than solving this book as the syllabus is very similar to JEE Main and you can prepare using JEE Main material itself. And at the time you can go through Arihant for English and all the extra things which are necessary. Arihant BITSAT Guide is enough for revision 1 month before BITSAT.
I am already preparing for JEE, Should I need to Prepare separately for BITSAT?
If you’re studying for JEE Mains & Advanced, you actually don’t need to study any extra material for the BITSAT as the syllabus is pretty much the same. Any standard book you use for your preparation is good enough to get you well through the exam.
Is the level of Questions in JEE Main and BITSAT are same?
Yes, The level of Questions is on the easier side as of JEE Main. But there is a difference in the paper pattern and for that doing mock tests is most important.
Is BITSAT a Tough Exam?
The level of HARDWORK for BITSAT is in-between the JEE Main & Advanced examination and around 65-70 % of the questions asked are from class 12th syllabus. Speed and Accuracy are the most important factors to scoring Good marks in Bitsat.
How to Secure a Good Rank in BITSAT?
The most important task to ace BITSAT is to strengthen your concepts. Solve lots of questions from the book. Attempt mock tests online from studyrate.in etc.
SUBJECTWISE WEIGHTAGE IN BITSAT
PHYSICS CHAPTER WISE WEIGHTAGE
|Topic||No of Questions||Total Mark||Weightage %|
|Electricity and Magnetism||15||45||37.5%|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||4||12||10%|
|SHM & Waves||4||12||10%|
CHEMISTRY CHAPTERWISE WEIGHTAGE
|Section||No of Questions||Max Marks||Weightage %|
|Physical Chem -1||10||30||25%|
|Physical Chem -2||8||24||20%|
|Organic Chem -1||5||15||22.5%|
|Organic Chem -2||9||27||12.5%|
|Inorganic Chem -1||2||6||5%|
|Inorganic Chem -2||6||18||15%|
MATHS CHAPTERWISE WEIGHTAGE
|Topic||No of Questions||Marks||Weightage %|
|Straight Lines and Pair of Straight Lines||2||6||4%|
|Continuity and Differentiability||2||6||4%|
|Theory of Equation||2||6||4%|
|Sets Relations and Functions||2||6||4%|
|Properties of Triangles||1||6||4%|
|Trigonometric Ratios and Identities||2||6||4%|
|Matrices & Determinants||3||9||7%|
|Application of Derivatives||7||21||16%|
|Permitations and Combinations||3||9||7%|
|Sequence & Series||4||12||13%|
|Limits & Differential Coefficient||2||6||4%|
IMPORTANT TOPICS FOR ENGLISH
|Synonyms & Antonyms||30%|
|Rearrangement of Jumbled words||15%|
|One Word Substitution||15%|
|Rules of Conjuctions||3%|
IMPORTANT TOPICS FOR LOGICAL REASONING
|Figure Formation & Analysis||30%|
|Figure Completion Test||3%|
|Paper Folding Cutting||3%|
|Detection of the Rule||3%|